Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I want to use my printer to print on a clear plastic but the ink won't dry it smears. Can I buy ink for this?

Is there a trick to this?I want to use my printer to print on a clear plastic but the ink won't dry it smears. Can I buy ink for this?
You cannot print onto just anything that is not designed for being printing on by printers. The compatible printer media that can be printed on has been specially designed with a surface texture that allows the ink to stick to it and not rub off specifically for the type of printer that it was made for (i.e. laser, impact, inkjet, etc.)





This is why it won't adhere to your plastic. The best solution would be to purchase transparencies designed for, and compatible with, your printer type (sounds like an inkjet). Or you can go to some professional printer (like Kinko's as mentioned above) and see what they can produce for you with their materials %26amp; printers.





Hope that helps.I want to use my printer to print on a clear plastic but the ink won't dry it smears. Can I buy ink for this?
Google the manufacturer of your printer to find out if they have specialty ink for transparencies.
probably easier to just take the file to Kinko's or something. It would be faster and probably cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment