Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My epson style 440 printer ink cartidge ran out and I put a new one but now it doesn't print runs smothly.

I had a similar problem with the color cartridge in a Hewlett-Packard printer. I just continued using it though I could only use the black. I went through three or four black cartridges. Then my girlfriend accidentally got both when she was only supposed to buy another black cartridge. Since I had both, I decided to also replace the ';new'; color one that hadn't worked well since I had replaced it some months back. The color worked normally with the replacement.


My analysis is that I had been trying to use a defective cartridge. I was in the habit of buying a spare so that, when ink ran out, I wouldn't have to stop what I was doing to run out to a store to get another cartridge. I now believe the ink can dry a little over time, even though it is not supposed to. Perhaps from a bad seal. I no longer buy them much in advance.


I keep track of my purchases by keeping the receipts. I use a black cartridge about every three months, so I mark my calendar for ten weeks from when the black runs out. I use a color cartridge about every eight months, so I mark my calendar for 32 weeks from when the color runs out. This has worked well. I've had what I needed when I needed it.


Replace your cartridge. My guess is that a store with slow sales can let them dry on the shelf for a long time before sale, so try to use a vendor with a lot of sales. There's also the possibility that you got one (among the millions they make) that was just plain defective mechanically (like if its case got cracked).


On a personal note, I think a manufacturer who makes his cartridges only work in one machine and then charges you an arm and a leg for the replacement is a common crook. It is a scheme designed to extract money which otherwise would not be freely given. If a person sets up a scheme which does that, it's felony fraud and the guy who does it can go to prison. But no one is worrying when a corporation does it!


I went into an Office Depot and the rack for the printer cartridges was twenty feet long, covered with scores of cartridges on both sides. There is no justification for that, except to get money that I would not otherwise give.


If they standardized them like bolts and nuts, the price would be much lower.


Now, cue the sad violins. I'm gonna cry over spilt ink.My epson style 440 printer ink cartidge ran out and I put a new one but now it doesn't print runs smothly.
Did you tell your computer that there is a NEW cartridge in the printer (no I'm not joking, you would be surprised how many people forget).





My Epsom printer and my Lexmark printer both have to be rejigged on the computer before they print correctly.





Ink is far too expensive to waste by not following a procedure.My epson style 440 printer ink cartidge ran out and I put a new one but now it doesn't print runs smothly.
This also happened to me on mine it was the ink well's that were so blocked i had to buy special liquid solution to disolve the hard ink takes between 1-2 hours to clear.
Try doing some head cleanings, it may take several.





The printhead in the 440 won't last forever, and it's a rather old model. It's quite possible it has reached its end.





If the cleanings don't work, perform a proper burial and let it go towards the light.........

No comments:

Post a Comment