Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How can I clean my black printer heads without it eating the remainder of my color ink??

I have an Epson C86, I had ink refilled a few months ago, my computer crashed, so it sat for awhile. I tried cleaning it after my pc was working and it used up all my ink (along with the majority of my color ink). Today I just bought a brand new black in cartridge, and I've been cleaning it, and it has been progressing, but I don't want to use up the remainder of my color ink in the process of cleaning the heads (It's about 15 or so bucks for each and there is 3 in total, yellow, magenta, and cyan). Anyway I can just ONLY clean the black ink???How can I clean my black printer heads without it eating the remainder of my color ink??
You can't epsons do not have the option of cleaning one side only. The best you can do is hope that you don't have to do to many head cleanings to solve the problem.How can I clean my black printer heads without it eating the remainder of my color ink??
In some printers, there is an option, at the time you print, wich allows the printer to only use the black cartridge...


U go to properties, then probabily features and look for it...


I have a HP and im too lazy to buy a new color cartridge, im using that feature all the time :D


Sometimes, they dont put this option to force the users to buy more cartridges %26gt;.%26gt; hope its not the case...


Good luck and good black printings ^^
epson usually won't allow you to remove a cartridge and still print, (like HP will), because if you remove a cartridge and then reinstall it, the printer thinks its empty. however, if you can run the printer with only the one cartridge, then i would remove the color cart and then run the cleaning cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment