Friday, December 25, 2009

Lexmark printer ink. Must I use it?

Lexmark say using non-lexmark ink will damage printer. Many companies offer remanufactured cartridges at up to half price and Cartridge World offer to fill your empty ones. Anyone used either and are they OK?Lexmark printer ink. Must I use it?
They are ok but the quality of your prints will decline especially ones with a lot of color. And use of the remanufactured inks will void the Lexmark warranty since you aren't using Lexmark products. If your printer is over a year old, and the warranty has expired, then go ahead. I would choose refilling empty Lexmark cartridges over buying remanfactured or 3rd party cartridges.





Any thing other than new Lexmark cartridges can damage printer nozzles by clogging them with dried ink, and it can void the warranty if you don't use Lexmark brand products.Lexmark printer ink. Must I use it?
Recond cartridges are fine as long as they are the same #
I have always used refilled cartridges. And now I use a continuous ink system.





Never had a problem with either.





Get the remanufactured cartridges.
I refilled mine several times with good result, then finally it stopped printing. A pro looked at it and told me the refill ink eventually burns onto something inside (coats it) and then it stops printing. He did clean it and ir worked again but only for a short time on the refil ink. Like someone else here said, saves money but will kill it sooner or later. I'm just buying another cheaper printer that will work better with refills
I refilled ink cartridges on two Lexmark printers for years with no hint of a problem.
I get mine from ebay and it works fine and cost is cheaper than new!
Many printers are almost given away as the manufacturer who knows the serious money is made on the high priced branded ink. .





You need to balance the investment cost of the printer with the saving you make on the ink. Often by using the cheaper ink you will save enough to cover any (unlikely) damage to the printer pretty quickly. Another thing to consider is the life of the pictures assuming that is what you are printing, some cheaper inks fade quicker in the daylight but are fine tucked up in an album.
I refilled a cartidge one time and it killed my printer because it spilled and all.. i think the dude that did it was unproffesional, so i made him pay my printer... I say it is fine aslong as a proffesional does it..
  • free
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment