Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oem vs. aftermarket printer ink?

I considering purchasing aftermarket in tanks for my canon MP600 all-in-one. I can not decide if the ink will be good. I am using it at work for photos but the photos don't have to last long just to show customers, and then they can get rid of them. I am not printing family photos to last in scrap books forever. Any one have thoughts...Oem vs. aftermarket printer ink?
Some of the ink from re-fill kits aren't smudge-proof and waterproof like some of the ink made by the printer manufacturers - this might be a concern.


Generally, the ink colour is comparable to the manufacturer's ink, but if you are thinking of buying a re-fill kit, then you should buy it from a place with a money-back guarantee.


(The same goes for remanufactured ink cartridges.)





Check your local Yellow Pages to see if there are any places that re-fill ink cartridges. One place which may have a franchise located near you is this one:





http://www.islandinkjet.com/





Re-fill places like that one usually offer a money-back guarantee.Oem vs. aftermarket printer ink?
I have always had trouble with aftermarket. I always go OEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment