Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do you use refill ink ( not original ) cartridges in your photo printer ?

I use refill ink for an inkjet printer for document printing. I noticed that the print-out gets smudged when wet.





Is it advisable to use dye based refill ink in photo printers to print photos ?





Thank you.Do you use refill ink ( not original ) cartridges in your photo printer ?
Yes it is OK to use a ( i don't know what a dye based ink is ) and I have done this for 20 years, what I think you could be saying is a pigmented ink in photo printers, yes all photo printers can print text no problem, I was trained by a certified HP service technician 20 years ago and I have also been refilling ink cartridges that whole time, I want to tell you a bit about ink, these printers only use a non pigmented ink, a pigmented ink and a photo ink and you must use photo ink for the photo cartridge, a pigmented ink with a pigmented cartridge and a non pigmented ink with a non pigmented cartridge, if you change the ink say from a non pigmented to a pigmented ink you will get smudges and streaking, I wish you would have mentioned what printer you have I could have been more helpfull but I hope it helped and good luck.Do you use refill ink ( not original ) cartridges in your photo printer ?
I use original ink in my HP All-in-one unit; sometimes refills don't connect all the contact points...and it does smudge easier.





I can't answer about photo printers; but again...I don't think I'd want to use a refill. (I'm pretty picky when I print things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment